If you’ve been to the Volunteer State in the last couple of years, you might have noticed all the new distilleries that are popping up. From Nashville to Memphis to Gatlinburg, it seems that whiskey is on the rise in Tennessee and we couldn’t be more excited! We recently decided to start the Tennessee Whiskey Trail, visiting distilleries one weekend at a time. We’ve discovered so many new favorite spirits, learned history tid bits at each place we’ve visited, and embraced our inner boozehound with tastings. My favorite part of the adventure, is seeing the recipes each distillery has! Check out some of these Whiskey infused recipes.
Every distillery has hand crafted their product with pride and craftsmanship. They have an understanding of what their products should taste like, feel like… Many of the distilleries offer recipes that feature their shine (or gin in some cases) in a way that makes your tastebuds dance. Here are some of our favorites!
- 1/2 oz grenadine
- 2 oz Old Forge Tennessee Harvest Gin
- 3 oz fresh orange juice
- Fresh strawberry to garnish
Pour grenadine in bottom of a collins glass. Add ice, Old Forge Tennessee Harvest Gin, ad orange juice. Garnish with strawberry.
- 3 oz. Ole Smoky Apple Pie Moonshine
- 2 oz. Spiced Tea
- 1/4 part Honey
- Fresh lemon wedge
Mix ingredients well while warm. Garnish
BOURBON BACON CHEESE BALL
- 8oz Cream Cheese
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar
- 6 pieces bacon, crisp and crumbled
- ¼ cup blue cheese crumbles
- 2 T Belle Meade Bourbon
- 1 tsp dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp hot sauce (Tabasco)
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ½ cup Pecans
In mixer, combine all ingredients except pecans, mix until smooth. Form into ball and roll in pecans. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate to set.
- 1.5 oz. George Dickel No. 8® Whisky
- 3 oz. ginger ale
Add No. 8 and ginger ale in a cracked-ice-filled glass
and stir. Garnish with a lime wedge.
- 1.3 oz. George Dickel No. 12® Whisky
- 0.75 oz. lemon juice
- 0.5 oz. simple syrup
- 0.5 oz. crème de mure
- Absinthe rinse
- 4 blackberries
Shake with 3 ice cubes & strain into an absinthe-rinsed glass.
BELLE MEADE BOURBON CHOCOLATE PECAN PIE
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup Belle Meade Bourbon
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cup pecan pieces
- 1 unbaked pastry shell, fitted to a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Combine sugar, corn syrup and butter in a small saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until butter melts and sugar dissolves. Cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs, bourbon, vanilla, and salt. Gradually add cooled sugar mixture, beating well with a wire whisk.
- Stir in chocolate chips and half of the pecans. Pour into pastry shell and arrange remaining pecan pieces on top.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until set. Serve warm or chilled. And with a glass of bourbon.
Have some favorite whiskey infused recipes? Share it with us! We love trying new things especially while we are on this whiskey kick! Heck, even if it isn’t whiskey share it with us.